Thursday, June 5, 2008

Finally saw Sex!

I went last night with 3 girlfriends to see Sex and the City and I LOVED it!! So so so good...but it made me miss the show so much. I definitely laughed and cried. I thought it tied up all the loose ends up and I was glad that everyone had a happy ending. We went before hand to get tapas and wine, which may have contributed to my extra tears throughout the movie...oops. But I definitely recommend the movie to anyone who hasn't seen it yet!

Also, the DC/MD/VA area got hit super hard yesterday with crazy rain storms!! There were even tornados that touched down! My parents live about 15 minutes away from me and they said that a tornado definitely went through their yard because all of their deck furniture (really heavy wood), literally got picked up and thrown off the deck. All the screens in their screen porch are ripped and a tree fell and hit the side of the house, but didn't do any real damage except for knocking a gutter off (thank god!) But it was apparently really bad in most neighborhoods. Luckily, we didn't even lose power or anything, there was just alot of tree branches and debris all over the apartment complex. I couldn't use these pictures, but here's a link to a slideshow from our local paper with some crazy pictures!
http://media.hometownannapolis.com/flash/2008/06/0605storm_ss/index.html

So anyone in this area - hope everything is ok with your homes and families!

6 comments:

Dolce said...

I still haven't seen SATC. This is really bad, but I'm thinking of playing hooky over my lunch break to go see it. My friends don't like movie theaters and won't go. Stupid, I know.

Wila (aka Ali) said...

Glad you survived the storm too! I'm outside of DC, and it hit hard here! Our lake was full of everyone's deck stuff...ick!

Flamingos & Flip Flops said...

Glad to know you're okay! I had NEVER heard the alert siren! I pulled into my parents house in Arnold right before it "came through" that area! Weird stuff. My parents have lived in that house for 37 years and they had never heard the siren before!

Kate said...

SATC just came out yesterday here so I still haven't seen it :(

Glad everyone is ok after the crazy weather! My sister said tons of trees near our apt fell down (our place is right by Rock Creek Park)

Danielle Moss said...

Your blog is so cute.

SATC was amazing. I LOVED it.

Little Miss Diva said...

I love your blog...it's fun to read! I would love to be a wedding/event planner. How did you get into that field?

Sex and the City was FABULOUS!! I loved it and look forward to seeing it again.

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs