Thursday, September 18, 2008

Marathon Puppy!!

Spencer and I went running this morning! It's the first time I've taken her running, and to be honest, I was a little nervous if it would work out. Since she's a hound, she tends to follow her nose and gets a little distracted when we walk, so I had visions of us running and all the sudden, she would slam on the brakes to smell something and I would bite it on the concrete. But she did really good and she didn't stop to smell anything!

Sailor Boy has been bugging me to take her running for months now, and I've always said I wanted to wait until she was older so she was a little calmer (she's only 9 months). But today I thought, what the hell, I could use the extra exercise. Usually we just walk the loop in our neighborhood (it's about 2.75 miles) every morning, but today we ran the whole thing and I think she really did have fun! Now I'm not saying we ran fast....it definitely showed me how out of shape I am! But I think if we start running 2-3 times a week in the mornings, I will definitely get more in shape and maybe it will help Spencer get some extra energy out.

This obviously isn't Spencer, but I thought this was the cutest picture...her ears really did look like that this morning when we were running!

1 comment:

Red and White Preppy said...

What a cute pic :) Glad you had a good run with the dog!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs