Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mini Vaca!

Sailor Boy and I are planning a mini vacation for the weekend of Thanksgiving. We were going back and forth on where we wanted to go, but we finally settled on Berkeley Springs, WVA. Yes, that's right. Sounds weird, but it's actually a pretty cute (small) town. We're renting a cabin for 4 days and I'm super excited to just get away and relax. Berkeley Springs is about an hour away from Harper's Ferry, and it's right on the Cacapon River, which has some great hiking trails. Berkeley Springs is also home to the first spa in the US!! Apparently there's tons of great spas in the area, so I'm totally getting a massage while we're there. We found a cabin that we could both agree on....sort of "rustic" but completely updated and nice since I DO NOT "rough it". Here's a pic of the cabin:And here's the lovely gourmet kitchen:

Now that's what I call roughing it! Plus the cabin is pet friendly so we can bring Spencer since she loves hiking with us. Hopefully the weather won't be too cold so we can actually be outside. We were thinking of going someplace warm, like South Florida, but I think we'll save a warm vacation for later in the winter.

Unrelated, how AMAZING was Blair's dress on Gossip Girl last night??? OMG, I want it!! I've checked and it's totally sold out everywhere and it's over $500 on ebay, so I guess that's not happening, but I'm still totally obsessed with it! Her style is always so put together and fun...it's seriously one of the main reasons I watch the show - to see what she'll be wearing!
I have off work again today (yay!) so I'm off to get a pedicure, do a little shopping and then I have a hair appointment this afternoon! I'm really tempted to get bangs!! I've been obsessed over bangs for a while, so I'm wondering if I should just take the plunge. I'm a little nervous though...I guess I'll see what my hair guy says about it! Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Red and White Preppy said...

WOW! What a great vacation! I am so excited for you...enjoy!

Well I Do Declare said...

Hope you will enjoy WV! Though I am not very familiar with that area, there is supposed to be a really good bakery there. Maybe google it?

Also, LOVE her dress. What designer was it???

Kim said...

It's a Philip Lim Dress...I keep dreaming about it! I want it!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs