Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Eeeek!

So I feel like I have been super M.I.A. from blogging the past few weeks...so sorry! Life is getting a bit crazy around here with wedding planning, my bff's wedding next month and recently Jake and I started looking at houses! So that's mainly where my brain is right now. House hunting is HARD! And scary! And overwhelming. And basically every other emotion there is. I feel like we spend all our evening scouring websites and the newspapers and then we spend all weekend going to look at houses. Well not really, but it seriously feels that way.

Our lease is up June 15th so ideally we'd like to find something in the spring to move into so we don't have to renew our lease. Hopefully the timing can work out that way. Plus that gives us a few months to get settled before the wedding. So it would actually be pretty perfect.

Home prices and the market are definitely in our favor right now, so that helps. We haven't found too many that we LOVE, but definitely some strong contenders. We did look at one house that I was seriously ready to move into the next day, and literally not 3 hours after we went to the open house, it got like 5 other contracts on it. Oh well.

Jake is in real estate and he's obviously working as our agent, which is very helpful. He explains everything I don't understand and we'll be able to use his commission as part of our down payment. Score!

So I promise I will be back once all this house craziness dies down!

4 comments:

Wila (aka Ali) said...

Good luck in your search! Definetly a buyers market! I bet you'll find something adorable and perfect!!!

BRD said...

I left you something on my blog. Check it out when you get a chance! :)

Silvia said...

good luck and hope you find something you both love!

Polos & Pearls said...

LB and I are sitting down and talking about houses tonight. I can not imagine the amount of stress. You are lucky your man is in the business!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs