Thursday, March 26, 2009

On a Happier Note...

Jake and I are getting engagement pictures taken next Sunday! Yes, I realize we've been engaged since November and our wedding is less than 5 months away. I have a good photographer friend through work (who isn't shooting our wedding) who offered to do them for us and she convinced me that I may regret not having them done later on. She's giving them to us as a gift, so how could I refuse??

Anyways, I've been really struggling in finding something to wear. I REALLY wanted to wear a dress, but I am super worried that it will be cold that morning. We're doing them in early April at 9am. Outside. Yeah. So I didn't want to stand there and freeze my butt off and have the pictures come out weird. I finally talked myself out of the dress and realized I could still look cute in jeans.

After much searching online and at the mall, I decided jeans, a cute sweater and fun flats were the way to go. I really wanted something classic so that the pictures weren't dated by a super trendy outfit. Plus, I'm not really a "trendy" dresser anyways, and I want to look like myself, not someone trying to be trendy. So here's the outfit:

Engagement Photos
Engagement Photos - by KJH1026 on Polyvore.com

I like it because it's simple and classic. Jake is just wearing khakis, a button down and his boat shoes. I'll definitely post the pictures when they are ready!!

5 comments:

Wila (aka Ali) said...

I think that's perfectly cute! Can't wait to see the pics!! Hope you're staying warm on this dreary day!

Lisa said...

I like it!! Those pictures will look great :-)

Flamingos & Flip Flops said...

Are you going to Quiet Waters to have them done or downtown? Hmm...

KAC said...

That outfit is too cute I esp love the sweater!! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Preppy Coastee said...

I looove that outfit! The pictures we'll look perfect :)

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs