Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Getting FIT!

Jake got me the Wii Fit for Christmas! I had tried it a few times and really liked it, so now I'm really excited to have my own! And it definitely gives you a workout - I was pleasantly surprised by how hard some of the games/workouts are!

Christmas morning, my parents came over for breakfast and they wanted to see the Wii Fit, so we set everything up. Well, when you first set the Wii Fit up, it has you go through this "fitness challenge" thing and of course, my family was like "oh, Kim, you should do it first, since it's your gift". So after putting in your height, age, etc., it has you stand on the balance board to test your balance and gives you a "Wii Fit Age". You basically have to balance on each foot and hold it for like 3 seconds, then switch to the other foot and so on. You do this 5 times and it times you for each round and then gives you your estimated "Age" based on how balanced/strong you are.

Can I just say I am the most UNCOORDINATED person EVER! So I knew this was going to be bad news...only it was WAY worse than I thought!!! After I was only able to finish 3 out of the 5 rounds, it then did this very loud and bright countdown to my estimated age, making sure EVERYONE within 20 feet of me knew exactly how out of shape and klutzy I really am. Any guesses on how "old" it told me I was????

57!!!

MORE THAN DOUBLE MY REAL AGE!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!! That's older than my parents! Jake and my parents were DYING of laughter when that number popped up! I mean, really?? Am I that out of shape and unbalanced?? Wowza.

So obviously I've been using it alot to bring my "Fit Age" back down to something a little bit more respectable. There's such fun games, like snowboarding, soccer, etc. I also really like the yoga. I still need to try the strenght training games, but so far, I'm really loving it!

Does anyone have a Wii Fit? Anyone want to fess up to what age they got from it??

18 comments:

Chelsea said...

I've been looking at WiiFit's lately - my brother & sister-in-law got me a Wii for my birthday and October and I have wondered if WiiFit actually works, and is worth the money. You'll have to let me know what you think! It sounds like a fun way to get a bit of a workout, for someone like me who gets SO bored just running a treadmill!

KatiePerk said...

My Fit Age the first time was 45. Don't fret. I am now down to 31. WOOWOO. Too bad I am only 27 in reality!

MCW said...

I would love to get WiiFit. Just wondering if it actually works. I am afraid that I would be like 75!

P*P*P said...

Oh my goodness!! 57?!!? HA -- that is absolutely CRAZY!

I don't have a WiiFit, but I really want to get it!! :)

Jamie said...

I love my Wii Fit! I can't remember what my age was because I did it a few months ago but I've found the Wii Fit to really work...as long as you stick to it and do it for 30 - 45 minutes a day. Good luck!

DDsilva said...

Hahaha Don't feel to bad my 10 year old daughter has a WiiFit age of 80. I was a nice round 37 (I am 33 in reality) Keep working at it. It can only get better!

T-shirts and mini skirts said...

Haha I was 53 (I'm actually 20)
But I've gotten it down to 26!!

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

When I first got it, my age was really high, but I kept doing it a lot and my age went way down. I actually quit doing it about 7 months ago, but I think I will start doing the yoga again. I should add that I am VERY uncoordinated too and ended up being able to do the stuff.

Posh Peach said...

Ha too funny! I've never tried the WiiFit but it sounds fun!!

Sherrie said...

We have it and my boys have used it, but I have yet to try it out. ROTL about the age.

micah said...

Yes, I just upgraded to Wii Fit Plus! My husband and I get pretty competitive with trying to get the highest score on all the games :)

Unknown said...

I have fun using my WiiFit too. I hope you like it! And girl, there is no way you are 57!!

k e r r y said...

Yup - that's one of the reasons I haven't been on our Wii Fit in a year -- it told me I was 52! boo!

AmyKristen said...

I've never done it...but I think I should get one. That age would motivate me so much. Will you please keep us updated as you get the age down? What a great accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

I want a Wii Fit!!! It sounds so fun! I have not done the age thing, but I have heard about it. Don't worry cause my sister-in-law did it (she is 30) and it told her she was 63 lol! Sounds like it has some really fun workouts! PS: I am a friend of Mrs EyeCanSee and found myself on your blog today :) Really cute! Feel free to check me out over at brookesbits.blogspot.com!

kanishk said...

It sounds like a fun way to get a bit of a workout, for someone like me who gets SO bored just running a treadmill!
home jobs without registration

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Ooh ooh ooh!!! I've been wanting a Wii so bad!! I have yet to break down and buy one though! I've played it at friend's houses and just playing tennis was a pretty good workout for me. Haha! :)

P*P*P said...

Where did you go, Mrs. My Life in Pink and Green?!?! I miss reading your blog!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs